Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pushin' On

Hola familia y amigos,
Sorry, this letter will be short cuz I'm almost out of time. But nothing too exciting happened this week. Still facing a lot of disappointments. People lying to us, Jennifer saying she doesn't believe in the church and doesn't want to get baptized anymore, contacting a bunch of new families and not having a single one come to church, not having any progressing investigators... we're pretty much starting back at zero. It's hard to not wonder if I'm doing enough, but I've been working hard and trying my best so I know that's enough in God's eyes. I think we just need to consider some new methods for contacting and work with the members more. It's been a humbling few weeks and my prayers have been a lot more sincere and specific. I hope we are guided to someone this week who is really prepared to hear this message. We're trusting in the Lord.
On a lighter note, I tried shark meat this week. It was good, but I didn't love it. Hmmm... what else. I had divisiones twice this week in two different areas. It's cool to see how other missionaries work and get ideas from their teaching methods. We threw a small birthday party for one of our recent converts and invited a few members that lived nearby and were able to see the birth of a new friendship among 3 women who don't have husbands. I hope they can be a good support system for each other. I love you all and am praying for you. Thank you so much for your letters. Have a wonderful week!
Love, Hermana Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment