Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Converts

Hola familia y amigos!
   This week I ate something that didn't sit well with my stomach and that night, at 2 o' clock in the morning, I felt like I was gonna die my stomach hurt so bad. I was literally writhing in pain for like 30 minutes or more until I was finally able to throw up and that helped. My stomach was still a little sore, but I was able to sleep and in the more, I went to the bathroom and then felt loads better. But phew, I hope I never have to experience that pain again. 
   This week we visited Walter, the one who got baptized a couple weeks ago, and before he entered the room, his mom told us that he had been crying because he thought we had had transfers and were gone. When we sat down and started talking to him, I gave him a notebook we had bought for him because he had told us he needed a new one for his scripture study.He set it on his desk and then put his face in his hands and cried. He told us we were angels and that he had wanted to bear his testimony in church last Sunday, but had been too afraid so he wanted to share it with us now. He said he knew this church was true from the moment we started teaching him. He said he knows the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet. He said his friends have noticed a change in him and are interested in learning about the gospel. Aw, it was so touching!! What a miracle it has been to witness his conversion. The Spirit works magic. Also, he wasn't at church last Sunday because he was working. We were super disappointed to hear that because he never works on Sundays and he knows that he should keep the sabbath day holy. But this time when we met with him, he said he's never going to work on Sunday again and that it's a promise he's made, not to us, but to God. How awesome!!! He also told us that he has 2 references for us! Super pilas! (That means "really great"). 
   Oh, the big event of the week: We were about to start a lesson with another recent convert and his wife said she was about to go to a funeral. We asked who died and she said, Oscar, the wife of Marta Salinas. Marta and Oscar are two of our recent converts!! He passed away the night before and we hadn't heard. We were so shocked! We saw him just a week ago and he seemed to be doing fine! He had an operation to get a rock of salt removed from his body a few weeks ago, but I guess some more rocks developed and caused his death. I've never heard of anything like that. I wonder what condition it is. He was only in his sixties. Anyway, he went to his funeral and spent a lot of time with his wife this week to share scriptures and bring some comfort. 
   Well, I think that's all for now. Love you all!!
Hermana Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment