Sunday, April 13, 2014

Another Week

Hola familia y amigos,
More about Engel amd Judi... We had a good lesson with Engel this week and explained that before he can come to any conclusions about the stuff he found on the internet that he needs to pray about the message of the Restoration. Buuuut... we passed by their house later that week and Judi was smoking. The next day we passed by she was drinking with her so-called friends. She was on the phone when we arrived so we waited in front of her house to talk to her, but when she got off the phone she asked her friends if we had left, referring to us with a bad word (Hna. Tarax told me so later). Ah, how did she go from calling us angels to that?? The day before she sent us a text message asking us to lend her 1,000 cordobas ($40). We told her we didn't have that money, that trials in life are opportunities to exercise our faith, and sent the reference of a scripture in the Book of Mormon, but she texted back saying that book wasn't going to help her at all. It was made clear this week that we had to drop them. Ah, it breaks my heart because I know how much this gospel would bless their lives if they would just have the faith to start taking the steps!!! But they don't want to act which means they aren't going to repent or progress. We did our part and they are choosing misery instead happiness. But on the bright side, we're teaching a guy named Ruddy (a family to complete) and he's super humble and really wants to learn. I look forward to seeing him progress.
Did I tell you I wrote a song about Nicaragua? It's to the tune of " Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and these are the lyrics: Super caliente es aquí en Nicaragua. Más cuando andamos sin bebiendo mucha agua. Ahora no tenemos energía para nada. Super caliente es aquí en Nicaragua!! (It's super hot here in Nicaragua. Moreso when walking without drinking much water. Now we don't have energy at all. It's super hot here in Nicaragua.) Just thought I´d share that.
I gave a talk in my ward yesterday. I didn't time it beforehand and it ended up lasting about 1 minutes. At the end I bore my testimony by singing a favorite hymn "How Great Thou Art". It expresses beautifully the awe I feel upon viewing the Lord´s gorgeous creations like the starts and moon and flowers. I got a lot of compliments on it afterwards. Music has always had a special place in my heart and I'm glad I could share it with the people here.
We finally reached the goals President set for us and get to return to the normal schedule of waking up at 6:30- Hallelujah!! It was tough waking up an hour earlier, but I do think it paid off.
Did I tell you that I ate cow intestine. I can't remember if I already mentioned that, but it was disgusting. I didn't know what it was until after and I don't think I would have been able to eat it if I knew what it was.
Today we got to go to the beach for P-day! We took lots of pictures and looked for cool shells and enjoyed the ocean breeze. I'll send pictures. I tried to dye my hair back to it's natural light brown this week, but it came out way too dark, so I'm going to re-dye it to try to fix it. Right now this dark color makes me look really washed out.
Apparently Nicaragua is the Centroamerican country that eats the most rice and beans. Just my like. I don't like beans and don't think I ever will. I eat them, but I don't like them.
It's the last week of the transfer and I'm pretty sure I'll get transferred, but ya never know so we'll see.
Sorry this letter is kind of random and unorganized. I was running out of time. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!
Con amor, Hermana Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment