Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas Fun!

Hola familia y amigos!
    FELIZ NAVIDAD!!! Yesterday we had the mission Christmas activity and it was down-right AWESOME!! We took fun Christmas pictures, had a seriously DELICIOUS lunch, enjoyed a talent show, watched some musical numbers, listened to beautiful testimonies, and just had a good time. I participated in 5 acts: 2 in the fun part, and 2 in the spiritual part. My comp and I played ¨Christmas Bells¨ on the harmonicas, me and 3 other missionaries did ¨Little Drummer Boy¨ a capella version, I sang ¨Oh come oh come Immanuel¨ in a trio, sang in a chorus ¨Oh Holy Night¨in spanish, and sang ¨Little Baby¨ (a Christmas song from the New Era that I translated into Spanish) and played my guitar along to it. I´ll try to send some videos. There was also this elder who danced in the talent show (he got permission from president to dance) and it was insanely good! Apparently he´s some sort of famous in Costa Rica (where he´s from). A bunch of missionaries wrote fun mission parodies and performed them too. The MCs were super fun. The spirit was really strong towards the end of the night. I´m so grateful for President Collado and his wife and for all the time and effort they put into making that an enjoyable night for us. Please pray for Jessica´s parents´ hearts to be softened so she can get baptized this week! I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and remember what it´s all about. Christ lives and loves us and because of Him, we can one day inherit eternal life. Can´t wait to talk to the fam in two days!! Love you all!
Hermana Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment