Sunday, January 18, 2015

Short Letter

 Hola familia y amigos!
   Can I just say that I love the topical guide? It doesn´t exist in Spanish. But it makes it soooo much easier to find certain scriptures when I´m studying. I do love morning study time. I will miss have so much time to just study the gospel.
   Church attendance reacher 75 this week! That´s the highest it´s been since I got here to Jinotega! We´re just 5 below the branch goal. Hopefully this Sunday we can reach 80.
    We had a bunch of families commited to going to church, but none of them came. We had three individual investigators, 2 of which I was very surprised to see walk in. It´s funny how sometimes the people we least expect to show up are the only ones who come. We´re pushin´ on and hoping too see some baptisms soon. We´ve got some good possibilities, but it all depends on if they choose to act. 
   Today for P-day, we went to a place called Selva Negra, which is a tourist place just outside of Matagalpa. We were expecting to see monkeys, but apparently they don´t come out in the rain and it was raining lightly while we were there. Bummer. People say in some of the forests in this part of Nicaragua you can spot sloths too, but I didn´t see any. The only animals we saw were ducks and a deer that was fenced in. But it was a really pretty, green, lush forest so I got a few cool pictures and we also had fun taking some pics on an army tank at the entrance. There was also a cool little cabin with flags of all the different countries. Also, last week, we went to a scenic place in Esteli as a double-zone P-day and got to see some pretty views and a waterfall. 
   I´m sorry this is such a short, boring letter, but at least I´m sending pictures. This is the last week of transfers! This Sunday I´ll find out if I´m staying here for my last change. Have a great week! Con mucho amor, Hermana Hawkins
P.s. Thanks to all who sent words of support this week. They are much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment