Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pushing Along

Hello! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight. 
  Welp, this week, we didn't have much success at church, but we're pushin' on and hoping to have more success this week, especially since it's Hermana Ewing's last week. It's Christmas time now and I'm filled with the Christmas spirit! We're teaching the oldest son of a family we reactivated this transfer. His name is Josue. He's the only one who hasn't been baptized in the family. He didn't have much interested before, but he does now and he's on date to get dunked this Friday. Please pray for him. His family has been a good support for him, but they weren't able to go to church on Sunday. My comp asked Josue why he would want to get baptized , and he responded, "Because I would know it was the true church." And he later accepted a baptismal date for this week, so I guess he´s received his answer! Pretty cool. I hope all goes well this week. 
  Maura and Luis are still progressing well. I don't know if I ever mentioned that Maura told us she´s seen a true change in her husband. She said before we came, she would try to get him to read the scriptures or pray and he wouldn't. He also would never listen to people from other churches who would come to the door preaching the word, but there was something different about our message and he took interest in it. He loves the church! He's been reading the Book of Mormon and the pamphlets with his wife and he read the Liahona and even read about temples and eternal marriage on the church website! He is eating it up!!! I just love it! Their biggest challenge is just making the tradition transition. But I think they´ve come along way and I serioudly feel that if Luis gets baptized, his wife and son will follow. They have three sons, but only one of them ever sits in on the lesson and his name is also Luis. He's 21 and a dentist. It's kinda hilarious because we're pretty sure he's in love with Hermana Ewing haha. And I think his heart broke yesterday when she said she was leaving in 7 days. Their family has come to two ward fellowship nights and are planning on coming this week too. Luis is soooooo close to making the decision to join the church. I think he's even been making arrangements with his work to not have to direct baseball on Sundays so he can come to church! Ah, I'm praying for a Christmas miracle. 
   The weather here has been really cold. Misty, windy weather. It's worse than rain because at least with rain you can use an umbrella and stay dry, but with the mist, it's just everywhere and you're cold and freezing. But it's ok. I'd much rather be in cold weather than the sweltering heat of my last areas. Besides, it makes it feel more like Christmas time. 
   I got electrocuted by my cheese sandwich this week. Haha. Let me explain... I was frying a cheese sandwhich and tried to pick it up and flip it over, but it made me whole hand vibrate. So I did it again and realize it was sending electricity through my hand! I guess there´s something whack with our electric stove, but I didn´t think bread could conduct electricity! Haha, learn something new every day. 
  I'm ready to hit the ground running this week and have a great last week of the transfer. I'll find out who my new comp is next Monday. Love you tons!!
Go spread some Christmas cheer! And check out the new church Christmas movie "He is the Gift". :)
Love, Hermana Hawkins

   


No comments:

Post a Comment