Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cold!

Hola familia y amigos!
   This week has been nice and COLD! It has rained every day and even rained for three days straight at the beginning of this week! I actually have to wear a coat!  The mosquitos or other sorts of bugs have been pretty fierce here and are attacking our legs and feet and making us suuuuper itchy! I think I'm gonna buy myself some long socks to keep warma and protect me legs!
 Last Monday evening we got to do a cool bonfire activity with the zone and roast marshamllows. 
  We got a happy surprise this week when we were having a lesson with a less active and her non-member uncle named Abelino. The less active said, "He has all the missionary lessons." And he said, "Yeah, the missionaries were visiting me before, but I just didn't feel prompted to get baptized. And now I do." SAY WHAT? My face lit up! It's like someone just handed us a baptism! Obviously we can`t take credit for it, because we didn´t teach him a thing, but at least I feel like we´re doing what we´re supposed to if God led us to him. I worry that it´s a little too good to be true, but we talked directly with him to make sure he understands what a big commitment this is and that he needs to go to church every Sunday after his baptism and he seems to understand so he'll probably be getting baptized next week if all goes well. 
   We couldn't bring any investigators to church yesterday, but we had some success with less actives and recent converts. Jamilet didn't make it to church yesterday, but that night we visited her and she accepted a baptismal date for this month. 
  Pedro and Idania weren´t serious about wanting to get baptised and wouldn´t keep commitments so we dropped them. 
  I made mac n´cheese in a frying pan this week. Not that easy. Not that easy. (Name that movie! McKenna?) 
    We found a bunch of new investigators this week and some of them seem to have  lot of potential. I'm loving it here in Jinotega. Hope you all have a great week. Love you, Hermana Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment