Sunday, November 2, 2014

Surprise Baptism and Transfers!

Helllooooo everyone!
     My comp had transfers! I was so shocked! I thought we would for sure be together for two changes, especially because she was only in her last area one transfer too. And now she's gonna be in a trio in Managua with the sister asistants to president! Crazy! I'm staying in Jinotega and my new comp is Hermana Ewing. She's a cute blond from California. This is her last transfer so I´ll be "killing her". I'm excited to be with her because she was already in Jinotega before in her mission so we´ll be able to go visit all her old investigators and give em another short to see if they´re ready for baptism now. Hermana Ewing taught Alex and Catalina who went to church to Sundays ago so they´ll be excited to see her. We´ve been on buses all day and I´m so worn out. I will sleep real good tonight. 
   This Saturday we were able to baptize a little girl named Freydel who´s 9 years old. It was probably the most spur-of-the-moment baptism I have ever had haha. Our possibilities for this month had fallen through and we were pretty sure we weren´t gonna have a baptism this transfer, but then on Wednesday we visited Freydel´s family and thought, "We could totally baptize her this Saturday!" Cuz she had been to church a bunch of times before with her mom. Her mom has been less active, but she was down for it, so we decided to plan it. We thought it would be a great way to get her mom excited to go back to church too. So we had her baptism Saturday and she was confirmed Sunday. Freydel´s pretty popular and was super excited to invite all her friends to her baptism and as a result, a bunch of her friends want to get baptized now and one of them went to church with her on Sunday! We met the girl´s family and taught her Dad and sisters and put a baptismal date with them for next month! It was pretty exciting. I don't have my camera with me today so I´ll have to send pictures next week. I´m glad Hermana Gubler and I could at least have one transfer together. 
   We had 4 investigators in church on Sunday. One of them was Indira and another was Luis (they both went to see the baptism last week). We were so happy to walk in and see them already seated and ready for church. But sadly, they didn´t stay after sacrament meeting so that made us worried that they didn´t get the best first impression of the church. Probably cause sacrament meeting started 20 minutes late again. Our branch needs some help. It mostly consists of relief society sisters and kids. We don´t even have a ward mission leader or an elder´s quorom president. But this week we have district conference so hopefully the leadres will have some ideas for how to help the branch. 
 Welp, that's all for this week. Until next week! Con amor, Hermna Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment